Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Road to feeling better......

I visited with the neurosurgeon yesterday.  He believes my cyst is not endangering me though he requested an MRI every six months for the next year and a half and every year after. Ok so if he says I am in no danger as far as he can see I will focus on me.
Since my last post I have been try to better control my anxiety and do it without the need for any medication. I hate the way it makes me feel and it just makes me clumsy. Anxiety has really done a number on me. I have never been as bad as I was. These days I have been going to the gym as much as I can, joined yoga and got the great news that day care was available for my kids so I can join the sewing group at the church where my daughter goes to school. Woo Hoo. The gym is great for zoning out while walking on the treadmill or elliptical machine rocking to my music library on my phone. People watching is fun too. No one to take care of but me for an hour. Nice.
Now the Yoga is a different story. I felt I was not doing enough with the gym. This girl who works at the gym told me about this kind of Yoga called Dahn Yoga. Ok. So I went and did a trial session and ya know I think it may work. Its a little ti chi, stretching and meditation.  Of course I don't feel like changing my religion or following someone because they are the end all be all. No, its just getting in touch with me and leaving my anxiety and stress at the door. As far as the sewing goes I have been on hiatus for so long and its been to long. I was so excited to get an email that telling me of how the church offered baby sitting for the sewing group and that both my kids could come. Yay. After not getting much done in three hours my first visit I decided to take my project home. I didn't think getting back to the machine would be so time consuming to just turn it on and sew but it was not my machine and of course I did have to get use to it. Next time I will bring my own.
We have been trying new things around her for dinner and I must say its a nice change. The last time we tried something new, we had grilled zucchini, sauteed carrots, grilled chicken and grilled egg plant. It was very good and yes we will do it again.
Now I will leave you some pictures to see what I have been up to and maybe get you motivated, or try something different.
          yummmmm
                                                 Chi Tea. Mmmmmm its like red hots in a cup.
                                     And the project for the sewing group. I am sewing the apron.


Have a great rest of the week and an even better weekend.

Allison

Here some TOAD for you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NhkfpQmjyU
Its on my play list among others.

No comments: