Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Vintage Quilt...........

I went shopping yesterday for my daughter. She is in need of some play cloths for school. This school asks that kids where them. So during this trip to the thrift store I came around the linens as I always do and there it was. I could hardly believe it was there. It was a beautiful home made quilt. Very bright with all the colors and white back round. I would say its somewhere in the late 60's early 70's and it is in fabulous shape. It looks as if its been stored for many years and never loved. I put it in the hand wash cycle and it started looking more like a quilt. I don't think it had ever been washed. The quilt has a couple of stains here and there but are hardly noticeable. The stains I believe are from storage. Oh and the quilt still had dust on it. Dust!
Pay no mind to the dead grass and the weeds. Drought is prevalent in our area.
If anyone knows the name of this design I would love to know.
The attention to detail is amazing. Some one put a great deal of time into this and that person was very good at quilting. 
 I wish I knew more of a history for this quilt but I know it will gain new history. It will be loved and cared for in its new home. It looks fabulous on our bed. Hard to believe I found it for 9.99 at Goodwill.
I just can't get over this fantastic find.

No comments: