Friday, October 21, 2011

RIP toaster oven..........

This is what happens with 2 kids and cooking while half asleep. My son loves to put the remote controls to the TV and Blue Ray player anywhere they do not belong. The toaster oven was stored in the pantry on the bottom shelf because thats where it fit.Yes I almost started crying because I could not believe this. Since there are things going on beyond my control right now this took the cake.


Yes the toaster oven looks dingy because it was well loved until today. :) RIP toaster oven.
The highlight of our week however was a good one. Last night was meet the teacher night. My daughter was so excited to be there she could not contain herself. This is her music and movement class. Seems to be everyone's favorite. We visited her teacher who is  truly awesome, checked out the discovery room and Bible study room. My daughter also has a best friend there who she loves to be in class with.
And I must say that I am so thankful for my family and life even though we may not have an expensive home, expensive cars and don't have extra money most of the time. While visiting my daughters school it was evident that most of the parents there could afford alot more than us. Of course this made me feel a little self conscious but its not all perfect. As we where walking out a family that looked to have it all really didn't. The dad was saying goodbye to his children while the mom stood and watched. He said he would see them tomorrow as he walked away alone. So the next time I feel self conscious about my children wearing hand me downs or something I made, I will remind myself of that moment and remember to be thankful. I hope that family finds a way to heal and be whole again even if the parents don't reconcile.
I guess the moral of this story is that you never know what is really going on so don't compare yourself to other people and be thankful for what you have.

No comments: